Friday, March 5, 2010

Mini-Apple Pies

I wanted to bake something late last night, but I didn't have any eggs. I did have my tupperwear of basic baking supplies and 2 stolen apples (from the dining hall.)
So I whipped up a half batch of pie crust and let it refrigerate over night, and then in the morning I chopped up some apples really small (they are very small pies) and threw in some sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
I baked them at 350 for about 37 minutes, and voila! The cutest little pies you've ever seen.

I particularly liked the lattice tops and the one with 5 vents because it looked like an apple when cut in half horizontally. I gave it to my coworker Jeff during Biotech class after we had talked about me making them in work the day before. He said that he couldn't believe I actually made them and how amazing they were. Then he was speachless for a few minutes while he ate it. That always makes you feel good.


You should try making these! They are sooooo good!
P.S. There are raisins in the pie as well, which turned out good, but I think it would be even better with golden raisins. Unfortunately, golden raisins cost more gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment